Welcome to Streetband Wiki, an open-source encyclopedia about the streetband community.
If you would like to add information about a band or festival but would prefer to submit information in another way, you can also submit details using this form.
Editing an existing page
- Click on the “edit” tab at the top of the page, or click on the “edit” link next to the section you want to make changes to.
- Type your changes in the text editor.
- Click the “save page” button.
For additional information about formatting pages, see Help:Formatting.
Creating a band page
- Browse the this page to make sure the band doesn’t already have a page.
- If the band is already listed, no need to create a new page. The existing page can be edited.
- If the band does not have a page, click on the edit link next to the letter of the alphabet that the band’s name begins with. Bands with names that begin with articles like "the" and “an" should be categorized under the next word in the bands name. For example, The Carnival Band is categorized under “C” for “Carnival.”
- Add the bands name to the list in alphabetical order by typing:
* [[The Band’s Name]]
Then click “save.”
- The band’s name should appear as a red link, which means that a page can be created. Click on the red link and you should see a text editor where you can now enter information about the band.
- Band pages should be added to the category "bands." To do this, enter this text at the bottom of the page editor:
- Once you’ve added your text, click the “save page” button below the text editor.
Looking for an easy way to get started? You can copy and paste text from this sample band page.
Also see the directory of help pages for more on working with the wiki.